Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Harder and Harder...

The last few days have been difficult for me to not snap at the people around me. We have all been sick the past little bit, and we have all been grumpy, but that is not the main reason for my unspoken bitchiness. Jana and Thearon have spent the last few weeks (since Christmas) trying to convert me back to Mormonism, they keep saying things like "I don't think you have really done the research into other religions" meaning their religion and "if you really follow your heart I think you will find that the Mormon church really is the right choice for you" my problem is that I have done a lot of research and I have listened to my heart and followed it to the pagan path, I don't think they understand what I believe, I don't think they realize that I believe that ALL religions have some truth to them but the truth is misinterpreted and blurred by some rather good story telling, and I don't think they will ever truly understand. another thing is that they know EVERYTHING, they are both amazing cooks which is not true, they are average cooks, they know how to make some good thing but they don't really know everything they could know, they know the proper pronunciation for every word known to man(for instance watching the Tourist and they went to the Gala De Lorentes in the movie they pronounce it ga-la, they quickly informed me that it is actually pronounced g-A-la when in fact if you look it up online it is said to be pronounced ga-la,they know all movies references,actors, and names, they know the best way to shop which is not actually true, they know some things but really they spend a lot more money than they should,it doesn't help that Thearon will say "no I can't think of anything to add to the shopping list" then while shopping adds over $100.00 worth of groceries to the cart that were not calculated into my list and their for making my budget off, and they think that I don't know anything, they are always asking me thing like "how do you play a CD in the DVD player?" which is the same way you play a DVD but you don't need the TV on...but i think the thing that upsets me the most is they they are best parents in the world and everything any one does that is not their way is the wrong way...meaning I am a horrible parent because I have a VERY different parenting style. Jana is also telling me "You should listen to Thearon because I've learned a lot form him." although most of the time he tries to teach me anything either I already know it or hes actually wrong. I'm having a hard time not snapping at them every time they open their mouths and it makes it VERY hard to live with them, it wasn't as bad while he was over seas but now that hes home, it's become very difficult for me, Half the time I'm reluctant to ask if I can take Beth for a weekend because its an extra person, and shes very energetic and it is a little more stressful for me to have her around, I love having her but it is more stressful, and I'm worried that Thearon will have a come apart with her around, hes having a hard enough time having me and Dani around and Beth can be a bit much sometimes, it makes me feel like a bad mother because I'm practically having to neglect my daughter to make Thearon more comfortable. I wish I didn't have to worry about making other people happy, some day I'll have my own place and I'll be able to do what ever I want and not have to worry about making people I live with happy...I can't wait for MY life to start.            

No comments:

Post a Comment